Chassilack

1 Inlägg
1 Users
0 Likes
110 Visningar
(@6695)
Topic starter  

Hej,

Förlåt detta är på engelska min svenska är inte så bra. This is also my first post on this forum so please be kind as I couldn't find any related topics might be my search terms?

I have bought in the summer a 1992 Discovery 1 3.5i, rolling restoration. Ive spent a small fortune on rubber seals and now ive come to look at sand blasting and painting the under carriage and chassis. What does everyone use paint wise for their chassis and where do you get it from? I've used POR51 in the past but its expensive, isn't easy to get in Sweden and take a long time with a brush. For best results ive heard to use and epoxy primer and a good topcoat so investing in a paint gun might be best since I have a compressor in the garage. I dont want to win any beauty contests and it doesn't need to concourse since the car for going on trips and some off road fun.

I also have an query as the car has been converted to have an electric fan but the fan has been mounted in front of the Radiator (push fan) which ive only seen on custom cars with no space in front of the engine. The car doesnt overheat the fan comes on at the correct temperature so my feeling is to let sleeping dogs lie and not mess around with....However I changed the coolant before winter and now it leaks from the top pipe of the radiator where the temperature sender sits (looks like a lead fishing weight) and has a copper wire which leads to the control unit, as it is an older style of electric fan setup. Has anyone done this or has experience as to why its located infront of the radiator?

One small thing, where can I get ARB parts in Sweden?

Tack in advance.

Ben

Citera
Share: